Gonorrhoea Test London
Gonorrhoea is a common bacterial STD that often doesn’t have symptoms, but easy to treat once it’s diagnosed.
What is Gonorrhea?
Gonorrhoea is a common bacterial infection that’s sexually transmitted. Most infected people have no symptoms, but it can be treated easily with the use of antibiotics.
Gonorrhoea being one of the most common STDs, affects people in their 20s, especially teens. It is sometimes called “the clap” or “the drip”.
Vaginal, anal, or oral sex facilitates the spread of gonorrhoea. Through vaginal fluids, semen (cum) and pre-cum, the infection can infect your penis, vagina, anus, cervix, urethra, throat and eyes (but that’s rare). Gonorrhoea-infected persons don’t have any symptoms, and this illusion might make them unaware of being infected.
If gonorrhoea is not cured early enough, it can cause more severe health problems in the future. No need to get yourself worked up as it can be easily cured with antibiotics. That is why STD testing is so essential.
At STI Clinic London, we have a reliable diagnostic system that can detect the presence of this bacterial infection. Backed up by good medical facilities and knowledgeable doctors, you can be certain of getting rid of this STD from your body.
There’s Only One Way to Know
Getting tested is not only quick and easy, it’s the only way to know for sure
if you do or do not have an STD.
or call 020 7183 0649
How do you get gonorrhoea?
- Through unprotected sex with an infected person
- When semen (cum), pre-cum, and vaginal fluids from an infected person gets on or inside your genitals, mouth, or anus.
- Gonorrhoea can be passed to the partner even if the penis half-penetrates the vagina or anus
- By touching your eye with infected fluid on your hand
- During childbirth from an infected mother to a baby.
Gonorrhoea is not spread casually. Even if you or your partner seems healthy, getting a test and indulging in protected sex can help you confirm and keep you safe.
Symptoms of Gonorrhea
Gonorrhoea can lead to serious health problems and even infertility if you don’t treat it. Here are some common symptoms to look out for when you are infected. They include:
- During urination, you will notice a burning sensation.
- Discharge from the male genitals which is pus-like
- Abnormal vaginal discharge that may be yellowish or bloody
- Bleeding between periods
- Yellow, white, or green Penile discharge.
- Sore throat will persist
- Swollen testicles and pain around the testicles.
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Frequent urination with urgency
- You may experience pain in the lower abdomen
Here at STI Clinic London, we recommend this test for all sexually active persons, pregnant women (at your first prenatal), and those having unprotected sex. The test involves taking any sample that comes from your urethra, vagina, or anus. Sometimes we do a swab test to take samples and test them for the presence of Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacterium. Once tested positive, don’t panic; our doctors can treat you and take good care of your health.
Contact us for more information on this STD and treatment.